Feed on





ABOVE: In 1941, the garage and tenant residence at the Marmon cottage, at 1100 East Shore Drive on Lake Maxinkuckee, burned to the ground. The structure likely dated to the 1880s, when Daniel and Elizabeth Marmon arrived here and established the cottage, today occupied by the Greenleaf descendants of the Marmons. Pictured is Don Mikesell of the Culver fire dept.






ABOVE: Undated photo of Culver firemen at the Vonnegut barn fire on the east shore of the lake.

Leave a Reply